Sunday, August 22, 2021

Travel Miracles

Hi Everybody!
I made it home this week and have already been released from being a missionary. I wanted to write just one last email to share my experience with coming home. On Monday, we had our last dinner with President and Sister Piros. On Tuesday, the journey home started. I was nervous that I wasn't going to make it home in time for my brothers wedding. 

The first flight from Goiania to Sao Paulo went just fine. But, when we landed, I only had 30 minutes to get to my next flight, and it was on the other side of the airport! I ran there and had to go through security again. I got there just in time to board, only to find out that the church hadn't paid for my ticket. They took my bags off the plane and I was stranded in Sao Paulo. I borrowed a phone and got in touch with church travel, and they got me on another flight, but it got cancelled. I wasn't going to make it home in time for the wedding. The airline put me in a hotel, I contacted my mom and then at 1:30 a.m, I zonked out.

I woke up to my room phone ringing at 6:30. It was my mom. Apparently she had spent the whole night trying to get my flights worked out, and had been trying to call me for the past few hours. She got it worked out so that I would fly through Mexico, to LA, to Salt Lake, and make it back one hour before Jacob and Alayna's sealing. Everything worked out perfectly. My flight to Salt Lake miraculously landed earlier than expected on Thursday morning. I ran through the airport and ditched my bags at baggage claim. My Uncle Ben picked me up and took me to the temple. I got there right in time for the sealing. It truly was a miracle. 

I know this email is kinda long, but I wanted to share that I know that God is aware of each one of us and that he hears our prayers. I prayed fervently that everything would work out, and I know that many of you did as well. Thank you so much for your prayers. God is truly a God of miracles. 

-Elder Olson

Photos:
1-2 My last dinner in the mission




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday, August 29th - Speaking in Church