Monday, August 9, 2021

Peseverar até o fim - Persevere to the end

Hi everyone!

We had a pretty busy week. We didn't have any in-person exchanges, but we did do one online. Basically, we just joined in on a few lessons of another companionship in our zone. Anyways, other than that, not too much going on. We have been working super hard to try and prepare people for baptism so that we can have at least one this transfer. 

I don't know if you all remember, but my mission president gave us a goal of 40. Sadly, we did not reach that goal. Some of you may be thinking, why in the world was their goal so freaking big? Well, that's a good question. I have realized that because my President gave me this really huge goal, I have been more focused and have worked harder than ever before. This transfer has been so fun and has flown by. 

Spiritual thought: I would like to bear my testimony that as we worthily serve, God can use us as an instrument in his hands to help others and save souls. This week, we talked with 3 different people who were contemplating suicide. The Holy Spirit guided us in each one of these different situations. One of which, we ran to her house to give her a priesthood blessing. I know that the power of the priesthood is real. In the blessing, God gave me the exact words that I needed to say to help this woman. If my companion and I had not been paying attention to the promptings of the spirit this week, these 3 people may not have received the help they needed. I know that as we listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit, God will use us to bless his children. There is no greater joy than the joy that comes from serving the Lord. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Photos:
1. Rodizio churrascaria!!! (Basically Tucanos)
2-5 A cool park to the side of the restaurant 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday, August 29th - Speaking in Church