Monday, July 12, 2021

40 in 6?

Hello everyone!

I am now writing to you from my new area in Goiânia! I am loving this area. There is a TON of work to do. Since we are whitewashing this area, there are a bunch of uncontacted referrals, so we find all of the people we teach from referrals. The members here are also really awesome. We introduced ourselves to most of them on WhatsApp, and a bunch of them passed referrals of people who may be interested. We found a bunch of new people this week and had some very spiritual lessons. 

Our second morning here, the mission president called us. He challenged us to baptize 40 people by the end of the transfer because they are trying to open a branch here. That's quite a few... But we happily accepted the challenge! Please keep us in your prayers so that we can reach this goal! 

On Saturday night, the bishop here called to ask us both to give talks in church the next morning. I was nervous I wouldn't have enough time to prepare my talk, but it went super well. It was probably one of the best talks I've ever given.

Today, (p-day) we are deep cleaning the apartment because it was absolutely disgusting when we got here. I don't think anyone has ever cleaned it.

Anyways, I hope you are doing well and that you enjoyed this longer than normal update!

Spiritual thought: I've probably shared this scripture before, but I wanted to share it again Alma 29:9 "I know that which the Lord has commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself,  but I glory in that which the Lord has commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy" I would like to testify that there is no greater joy than doing that which God commands and helping others repent.

-Elder Olson

Photos!

1. Our first day here (on the balcony of our apartment 
2. Church after our talks
3. Sushi






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday, August 29th - Speaking in Church