Monday, May 24, 2021

Faith and Trust

Hello everyone!

Yet another great week here in Brazil! This week we visited a lot of members. We are trying to help the ward get more people to come to church. As we get more members to come back to church, we hope to be able to help others find the gospel and feel more welcome as they come to church.

We haven't been teaching many people as of late, but we still have been super busy! Nothing too different this week, except for my birthday. To celebrate, we ate a lot of different food haha. We ate sushi the night before, pamonhas the day of, pizza the night of, and pudim for dessert. It was definitely a different birthday. It's the only one I get to have on the mission. I am glad I got the opportunity to serve the Lord on my birthday, it is one I will never forget.

Spiritual thought: This Sunday I got to give a talk in church. I talked about faith and trusting in the Lord. After me, the stake President also spoke about faith. His talk was better than mine, so I'll share what I learned from his haha. I really learned a lot from it.

Often times, we get into a comfortable routine and keeping the commandments isn't difficult. When this happens, we need to exercise our faith. If we aren't sacrificing anything for the Lord, than we need to do more. We can't be content with the minimum requirement, Jesus Christ taught "Be ye therefore perfect" (Matthew 5:48). To be perfect, we have to keep learning everyday. I invite you all to sacrifice something more from the Lord.

Thanks to all of you who read my emails for the support you give me, and thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday!

-Elder Olson

Photos:
1. Pamonhas
2. Pudim (it's kinda like flan)
3. Sushi








No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday, August 29th - Speaking in Church